The skirt hangs 17 1/2 inches from the waist and the pattern can be modified to fit just about anyone. I used 100% cotton quilting fabric. There are so many color and pattern choices available, you are sure to find the perfect print whether it's princesses, ponies or superheros.
- 24 x 24 inch piece of paper
- pen or pencil
- sewing tape measure
- 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 yards of fabric
- 2 yds of 2-inch wide elastic
- sewing supplies (scissors, pins, thread, sewing machine, iron)
- disappearing ink fabric marker (optional)
There are a couple different ways you can lay out your pattern pieces depending on the width of your pattern pieces.
|For wider skirts, lay one pattern piece on the fabric and another folded in half along the fabric fold.|
|For thinner skirts you may be able to fit two pattern pieces side by side, slightly staggered.|
Cut out 8 fabric pieces.
A customized skirt is sure to put a smile on any girl's face!