At the beginning of the year I started attending a monthly sock knitting group at my local yarn store. It is so refreshing to chat with other knitters, see their projects and share tips and ideas. Of course having a small project bag dedicated to my sock club projects is handy, so I raided my fabric stash to stitch up a cheery tote.
- 1/3 yd each of 2 coordinating fabrics (one for the bag and one for the lining)
- Dritz 1/4" eyelets with setting tool
- 1 x 2 inch piece of fusible interfacing
- 2/3 yd of 1/8-inch elastic cord
- Dritz cord stop
- compass, paper, pencil
- sewing, measuring and cutting supplies
Before you start cutting your fabric, you'll need to draw a template for the bottom piece of the bag. Using a compass, draw a circle with a 3 3/8 inch radius on a piece of paper and cut out the circle.
Clover quick locking stitch marker set and a cute tape measure (mine is from All About the Buttons).