Before You Begin
This method can also be used if you forgot to do a yarn over in your work and you don't want to tink, or un-knit, back to the problem. Just be aware that the eyelet created by the open bar increase is slightly smaller than a yarn over eyelet.
MaterialsThanks to Skacel for providing the CoBaSi by HiKoo yarn and addi Natura Olivewood Circular Needles used in this tutorial. These products are available locally at many yarn shops and online at Makers' Mercantile.
Open Bar Increase
Ready to try this technique in a pattern? The Wallflower Sweater Pattern shown in this lesson has videos to help you learn more about:
- The Importance of Swatching
- Tracking Progress in Complex Knitting Patterns
- Open Bar Increase (a.k.a. Open Make 1 Increase)
- Decrease Slant and Stitch Charts - 3 Helpful Tips
- Smocked, or Tied, Stitches
- Dividing the Body and Casting On Underarm Stitches for Top Down Sweaters
- Picking Up Underarm Stitches for a Gap Free Sleeve
- Suspended Bind Off (Purlwise)