how to do the suspended bind off in ribbing.)
Before You Begin
The secret to the suspended bind off, and what gives it the extra stretch, happens when you pass one stitch over the other. Instead of passing the stitch over and dropping it off both knitting needles, you use the left needle tip to pass the stitch over, then leave that passed stitch on the left needle as you work the next stitch. It takes a little maneuvering, but it's well worth the effort.
MaterialsThanks to Skacel for providing the CoBaSi by HiKoo yarn and addi Natura Olivewood Circular needles used in this tutorial. These products are available locally at many yarn shops and online at Makers' Mercantile.
Suspended Bind Off - Purlwise
Ready to try this technique in a pattern? The Wallflower Sweater Pattern shown in this lesson has videos to help you learn more about:
- The Importance of Swatching
- Tracking Progress in Complex Knitting Patterns
- Open Bar Increase (a.k.a. Open Make 1 Increase)
- Decrease Slant and Stitch Charts - 3 Helpful Tips
- Smocked, or Tied, Stitches
- Dividing the Body and Casting On Underarm Stitches for Top Down Sweaters
- Picking Up Underarm Stitches for a Gap Free Sleeve
- Suspended Bind Off (Purlwise)