Free Climber Socks
MaterialsThese socks have contrasting toes, heels and cuffs and are knit with Oink Pigments Oink Sock, 90% superwash merino, 10% nylon. One (100 g) skein in each color is enough to make 2 pairs of socks if you reverse the main and contrasting colors for the second pair. This yarn is available in a variety of stunning colors at many local yarn shops, fiber festivals and online at the Oink Pigments Website.
Sizes and Skills
This gender neutral pattern, with 6 sizing options, accommodates most adult sized feet. The toe is shaped with wrap and turn short rows and the heel is a flap-free, gusset heel (a slightly modified version of the Fleegle heel). The stitch pattern has both charted and written instructions.
Video SupportIn addition to the pattern, I have created six companion videos demonstrating helpful skills. Topics include:
- Judy's Magic Cast On for Short Row Toes
- Wrap and Turn Short Rows for Toe-Up Socks
- Changing Yarn Colors with the Russian Join
- Right and Left Slanting Median Increases
- Gusset (or Fleegle) Heels from the Toe Up
- Interlock Bind Off in the Round for 1 x 1 Ribbing
The series can be found in my Free Climber Socks Playlist on YouTube.
Get it Now
The Free Climber Socks Pattern is available now in my pattern shop.