Before You Begin
To work a median increase that slants to the left, k1 below the next stitch, k next stitch.
For a right slanting median increase, k1 but do not drop the stitch from the left needle, k1 below the stitch on the left needle, drop the stitch off the left needle.
- Oink Pigments Oink Sock
- addi Turbo Rockets
Thanks to Oink Pigments for providing the yarn and Skacel for providing the needles used in this tutorial. These products are available locally at many yarn shops and online at Oink Pigments and Makers' Mercantile.
Median or K1 Below Increases
Ready to try this technique in a pattern? The Free Climber Socks Pattern has videos to help you learn more about:
- Judy's Magic Cast On for Short Row Toes
- Wrap and Turn Short Rows for Toe-Up Socks
- Changing Yarn Colors with the Russian Join
- Right and Left Slanting Median Increases
- Gusset (or Fleegle) Heels from the Toe Up
- Interlock Bind Off in the Round for 1 x 1 Ribbing