Before You Begin
Knitting in the round is kind of a misnomer because we are really knitting helically, or in a long continuous spiral. When working with a single color of yarn in the round, you don't need to put much thought into the process.
Unfortunately, when knitting stripes in the round, you'll often get unsightly jogs or tension irregularities at the color change. At least there is an easy way to prevent those jogs.
- Zitron Trekking Sport yarn
- addi Rocket Squared circular knitting needles
Helical Knitting: Alternating Stripes
Ready to try this technique in a pattern? The Grand Staircase Socks Pattern has videos to help you learn more about:
- Invisible Circular Cast On
- Alternating Helical Stripes
- Deciphering Mosaic Knitting Charts and 3 tips for Mosaic Knitting
- TSK/TSP - Twin (Triplet) Stitch Knit & Purl
- Tubular Bind Off in the Round for K1, P1, Ribbing