Before You Begin
MaterialsThanks to Skacel for providing the Zitron XXL yarn shown in this tutorial. This yarn is available locally at many yarn shops and online at Makers' Mercantile.
- For fraternal twins, knit your socks from opposite ends of the skein.
- For identical twins, start each sock at the same place in the color pattern.
- Think about an afterthought heel.
- Try a contrasting heel.
Knitting Socks with Self-Striping Yarn
Ready to try this technique in a pattern? The Sundog Socks Pattern has videos to help you learn more about:
- 4 Tips for Knitting Socks with Self-Striping Yarn
- Casting on Two at a Time Socks (Top Down)
- Knitting Two at a Time Socks on One Circular Needle or Two
- Triple Knot
- Top Down Gusset Heel, or Strong Heel
- Flower Toe