There is no single "right" way to weave in yarn tails that works for every knitter in every situation. However, there are a few questions you can ask yourself to make the process as neat as possible.
Before You Begin
The purpose of weaving in the tails is to secure and conceal the end s so your knitting is neat and doesn't unravel. Three things I like to consider as I am weaving in the loose ends are:
- How do I make my yarn tails as inconspicuous as possible?
- How do I maintain the elasticity of the fabric?
- Can I solve any problems with the tail before I weave it in?
- Schoppel Zauberball Cotton
- yarn needle
Weaving in Yarn Tails
Ready to try this technique in a pattern? The Knit Knot Bag has videos to help you learn more about:
- Small Circumference Knitting in the Round on 5 Types of Needles
- SSK and SSP Demonstration and Explanation
- Chain Garter Selvedge
- Fake Grafting
- Neatly Weaving in Yarn Tails