One thing many knitters are nervous about, especially when they're learning how to knit flap and gusset style socks, is how to pick up and knit a stitch along the edge of the heel flap.
Before You Begin
Pick up and knit, sometimes abbreviated pu & k, or stated pick up knitwise, can be done with a single needle. However, using a second needle can make the task easier to understand and manipulate.
- Zitron Trekking Sport
- addi Bamboo FlexiFlips (addi CraSy Trio)
Pick Up and Knit
Ready to try this technique in a pattern? The Ready, Set, Go Socks pattern has videos to help you learn more about:
- Anatomy and Fit Comparison of 3 Top Down Sock Heels
- Alternating Long Tail Cast On for Ribbing
- Pick Up and Knit
- Wrap and Turn for Short Rows
- The Unforgettable Kitchener Stitch