Like many of my designs, I developed the Burst into Bloom Scarf at the request of a friend interested in learning more about a particular technique, in this case, double knitting. Double knitting creates an absolutely stunning fabric that appears to be knit on both sides. At first glance it may look impossible, but if you can read a color chart and manage k1, p1 ribbing, with a little practice, you can double knit.
Pattern, Yarn, Needles and Notions
- Burst into Bloom Scarf pattern by The Chilly Dog
- Schoppel Zauberball 100 yarn
- US size 2 (2.75 mm) knitting needles
Burst into Bloom Scarf Video Support
Video tutorials created especially for this pattern include:
- 2 Color Chained Cast On
- Introduction to Double Knit Colorwork (English and Continental Style)
- Understanding Double Knitting Charts
- 2 Color Gathered Bind Off
Get it Now
Burst into Bloom Scarf pattern is available in my shop now.