It's time to answer the age old question in knitting. Which way should you slip a stitch? Knitwise or purlwise?
There's no absolute answer, but there are a few guidelines that can help you make the decision. First, follow the directions and do what the pattern says. If a pattern doesn't specify which way to slip a stitch:
- Slip purlwise if a stitch is just being skipped.
- Slip knitwise if the stitch is part of a decrease.
- Introduction - 0:00
- Tip 1 Follow the Directions - 0:25
- Tip 2 If a Stitch is Just Being Skipped, Slip Purlwise - 1:25
- Tip 3 If a Stitch is part of a Decrease, Slip Knitwise - 2:23
Pattern: 1 Sock, 2 Sock, Red Sock, Blue Sock
Yarn: HiKoo CoBaSi
Needles: skacel by addi Rocket Squared